Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chandigarh girl tops medical entrance test

Chandigarh girl Harsimar Kaur has made the city proud by securing the
top rank in the All India Pre-Medical Entrance Examination Test
(AIPMT) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).

Harsimar (17), who comes from a middle-class family and stays at
Sector 43 here, will be the first doctor in her family. Her father
Manmeet Singh is a Punjab government employee whereas mother
Ravinderjeet Kaur works with the Life Insurance Corporation.

"Right from the day on which I passed Class tenth, I was very clear
that I have to become a doctor. It was my dream and I am very happy
that I have fulfilled it with such flying colors," said an elated
Harsimar on Tuesday.

"I did my test really well and was expecting a good rank but I had
never thought about topping in the whole country. It was just like a
pleasant surprise and it took me some time to assimilate this
reality," said Harsimar, who wants to become a leading cardiologist of
the country.

Harsimar said she never took studies as a burden and always enjoyed it.

"I never took pressure of studies and always learned things very
enthusiastically. I made a proper time-table and religiously followed
it. I owe my success to my parents, teachers and God. I have also
learnt classical dance and it made me feel fresh," she pointed out.

Harsimar's parents are feeling very proud over their daughter's success.

"I am very happy with Harsimar's success. She is a hard-working girl
and was very clear about her goal. She has proved that girls are
second to none in any of the field," said Manmeet.

Other students from tri-city (Chandigarh, Panchkula and Mohali) who
figured in top 50 are Anshit Goel (7), Himanshu Gupta (10), Sanchit
Kumar (32) and Tejeshwar (43). The results of AIPMT were declared on
Monday evening. IANS

No comments: